Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Register to remove this advertisement
    I donít think it always takes money to get opponent to come to ISU. I could be wrong but I think itís a possibility of getting a home game with Purdue, UCLA or IU during the opening of 2020-2021 season. Then during seasons 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 ISU would then be obligated to return the games to either of these opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Deehee33 View Post
    I don’t think it always takes money to get opponent to come to ISU. I could be wrong but I think it’s a possibility of getting a home game with Purdue, UCLA or IU during the opening of 2020-2021 season. Then during seasons 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 ISU would then be obligated to return the games to either of these opponents.

your scenario would have occurred in the 80s & 90s but the landscape has changed, the Big Ten (14) is now playing a 20-game conference schedule, if they play an MTE (3-games) that leaves 5-6 games remaining; the odds of them facing a Valley team on the road? slim

again, archie is still smarting from the Sycamore beat down, he won't come to Hulman

painter may but only because he and Lansing and/or staffs are friendly

sadly $$$ has become the biggest factor in Div I sports
    Be LOYAL and TRUE! WEAR ROYAL BLUE!!! don't SLACK by wearing BLACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Deehee33 View Post
    I don’t think it always takes money to get opponent to come to ISU. I could be wrong but I think it’s a possibility of getting a home game with Purdue, UCLA or IU during the opening of 2020-2021 season. Then during seasons 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 ISU would then be obligated to return the games to either of these opponents.
    That's just not how it works. Here is a screenshot of some recent scheduling board entries. The blurred out info are coaches names and contact info. You can see how HMs are looking for P5 or higher NET ranked schools, some teams are looking to be bought, some are looking to buy, etc. Typically Indiana State cannot even afford to buy D1 schools, which is why we always have multiple non-D1 games every year.

Painter, for example is friends with Lansing. We were rumored to get a Purdue game at Hulman Center during the Scott days and then his brother transferred. We never got it. If they were friends and we needed a game, why not still come? Because we weren't ranking high enough and a loss to us would potentially cost them money. This is what makes college sports absolutely suck these days -- that everything comes down to making the NCAA tournament and getting cash for yourself and your conference.

Last edited by Jason Svoboda; 03-18-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Sixth Man
    The current situation strongly helps make the case for a fully open, localized first round NCAA MBB D1 tourney. Nothing to lose by playing instate rivals and actually you gain via familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by DyedBlue View Post
    The current situation strongly helps make the case for a fully open, localized first round NCAA MBB D1 tourney. Nothing to lose by playing instate rivals and actually you gain via familiarity.

we're nearly at that point now, given that every div i conference (32 conferences) has a tourney -- now if they would only grant bids to the conf regular season and the conf tourney winner -- limit 2 teams per conference; it would make for a very interesting ncaa tourney...

All-Conference
    Question ???
    Is work continuing on Hulman Center ? Looked to me like there was a LOT to do when I was there the last week of the season.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbadenboy View Post
    Question ???
    Is work continuing on Hulman Center ? Looked to me like there was a LOT to do when I was there the last week of the season.
    As of Friday yes. The new outer skin is I’d say 80% complete. The steel for new main entrance is now in place.

Can we please do H/H's with Kent State, Furman, Wofford, South Dakota, and Bowling Green? I am so tired of playing D2 schools every year. I would rather see us play at Wofford than play a home game with zero effort against the UMSL's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamorefan96 View Post
    Can we please do H/H's with Kent State, Furman, Wofford, South Dakota, and Bowling Green? I am so tired of playing D2 schools every year. I would rather see us play at Wofford than play a home game with zero effort against the UMSL's of the world.

MAC schools before SoCon schools but yes, road games over Div II schools

Benchwarmer

Register to remove this advertisement
    UO or Oregon State..Mckenna owes us one or three. If we do a 2/1 for deal with either school. On the years we play there, we could schedule games with other PNW/California schools and potentially enhance our recurring ability for partial scholarship sports, such as, baseball and track/field (college is cheaper in Midwest than the PNW/California).