Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,536 Times in 3,319 Posts

'12 IN PF Mitch McGary (Michigan Verbal)

Register to remove this advertisement

Power Forward
    Chesterton (IN) Chesterton
    AAU: SYF Players

Ht: 6'10"
    Wt: 240 lbs

Profiles: ESPN | Rivals | Scout
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    McGary is a big body post that plays hard and is very productive. He is a lefty that can make a post move with his back to the basket and use to body to score on drop steps and drop off passes created by dribble penetration. He has a decent jump hook and the skill to hit the mid range jumper off the catch with time and space when the defender is late or backs away. He is a good straight line runner for his size and a good area defensive rebounder and outlet passer. Must work to maintain his weight by making his strength and conditiong a year around priorty.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...47&season=2011
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    "It used to be Purdue and Indiana, but now it's Marquette, Indiana....my grades were a factor but I'm getting them under control right now, so hopefully I should get more schools. Right now it is Marquette, Indiana, Dayton and Cincinnati. Those top four."
    From a recent Rivals article. Rivals doesn't show him having an offer from any of those schools though.

Thanks
    http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/892/946749.avi

Some footage from the Adidas May Classic on Mitch. He still looks to have issues with academics that are keeping the big schools away. Wondering if this kid could thrive at a place like Indiana State that has much smaller class sizes and he could get more help?

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    One of the best things about State is how intimate it is in class and how you can have personal relationships with profs. I had beers at the Bally with several of mine. I doubt something like that happens at a place like IU or Purdue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud To Be A Tree View Post
    One of the best things about State is how intimate it is in class and how you can have personal relationships with profs. I had beers at the Bally with several of mine. I doubt something like that happens at a place like IU or Purdue.
    As did I. Nothing like a post final beer with several of my professors that I respected. Being a College of Business guy, it was a 60 second walk too!

Thanks
    I got an email today tell me that Mitch has had an Indiana State offer for awhile. So pinning his thread with the other offers.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    I got an email today tell me that Mitch has had an Indiana State offer for awhile. So pinning his thread with the other offers.
    Awesome to hear. Man, could you imagine snagging him and Gant and then pairing them with Kitchell? Holy smokes, that's the type of length that could propel the Sycamores to the top of the Vally for quite awhile!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud To Be A Tree View Post
    Awesome to hear. Man, could you imagine snagging him and Gant and then pairing them with Kitchell? Holy smokes, that's the type of length that could propel the Sycamores to the top of the Vally for quite awhile!
    And we all know that success should bring on success. We just have to get it started. I think we have a coach who will be around to continue it.
    :sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:
    Sycamore Proud

Let's go Sycamores!
    Proud to be a member of the OFC

My comments and ideas are free, but it costs money to run Sycamore Pride. Please be a Supporting Member!

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Ranked #119 on the latest Rivals150 Update and listed as the 18th best power forward in the country per Rivals.