Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Svoboda View Post
    It's interesting. At one time, I thought we were turning the corner and then we just fell down again.

In 2012, there was a swell surrounding Sycamore athletics and by Summer of 2013, it was done. Hell, even a lot of the "die hard" folks have quit posting here. If you've lost the casual fans and those guys, it's an uphill battle. I really feel for the folks at State trying to make shit happen. Luke Martin has been producing amazing content since his arrival and I don't see anyone reporting it on their social media like I used to see.
    The Luke Martin work has been FIRST CLASS.
    a.k.a. The Blue MOSQUITO

Thanks
    Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,635 Posts
    Back to the original topic... anyone else used the mobile style yet? I used it all day at work and it seems to work well once you figure out the controls. I'm changing the graphics from the drab bluegreen color to orange so they stand out and hope to have them all done today.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Sycamore Hoops | MVCTalk.com | MVFCTalk.com

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    It's interesting. At one time, I thought we were turning the corner and then we just fell down again.

In 2012, there was a swell surrounding Sycamore athletics and by Summer of 2013, it was done. Hell, even a lot of the "die hard" folks have quit posting here. If you've lost the casual fans and those guys, it's an uphill battle. I really feel for the folks at State trying to make shit happen. Luke Martin has been producing amazing content since his arrival and I don't see anyone reporting it on their social media like I used to see.
    I still check the site about every day, just haven't had time to post lately because work is really busy. I'd agree, Luke Martin is doing some really good stuff. I follow baseball and football, but basketball is my sport and once hoops season comes, I'll be on more. To be honest, I need a break from some of the petty bickering that some on here like to do. Love the site, keep up the good work Jason!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    To be honest, I need a break from some of the petty bickering that some on here like to do. Love the site, keep up the good work Jason!
    The problem with this theory is it's the common stance from everyone -- always the same complaint. It's also a logical fallacy because the only way to break the perceived problem is if all of those people counter with positive posts. It'll drown out the few negative posts the site gets. The problem is everyone has gone silent so that's the only view you get.

That said, the site is getting fewer and fewer daily posts. There is going to be a point because of that where I'll be forced to make a hard decision whether to keep the place open or not. Hope everyone takes heed to that because you're going to be stuck with 140 characters or Facebook if this place goes.
    No ads. Name in gold. Enhanced features. Become a Supporting Member for only $15 today!

Thanks
    you're going to be stuck with 140 characters or Facebook if this place goes.
    I know you don't heart it enough Jason but I really do appreciate you and this site! outside of my email it is my most visited site, it would be terrible to watch it go.

I know you have done a lot of campaigns etc. to bring some publicity to this site. Was there anything that you have done in the past that you think worked very well or didn't work at all?
    NCAA: 1979, 2000, 2001, 2011------MVC XC Champs: 1996, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014

NIT: 1977, 1978, 2013, 2014--------MVC Indoor Champs: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Final Four: 1979----------------------MVC Outdoor Champs: 1988, 1990, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

1,000 point members: 38

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I know you don't heart it enough Jason but I really do appreciate you and this site! outside of my email it is my most visited site, it would be terrible to watch it go.

I know you have done a lot of campaigns etc. to bring some publicity to this site. Was there anything that you have done in the past that you think worked very well or didn't work at all?
    Nope, nothing has worked. I've tried pretty much every advertising platform possible all with awful results. Word of mouth is really the only thing that has worked but the reality of the situation is there just aren't many Sycamore fanatics that take it to the point of message board participation. Those that have that level of fandom that I know (that are alumni) are members of IU, Purdue or Notre Dame forums.