Become a Supporting Member to remove this and all other advertisments! Click HERE for more info!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 820 Posts

'10 IN PF Taylor Wischmeier (Southern Indiana Verbal)

Register to remove this advertisement
    http://www.leaguelineup.com/player_b...ayerid=3157178

23.4 PPG/10.3 reb/3.3 blocked shots on '10 IHSAA 2A top ranked squad.

Pic of a Taylor "Stuff":

http://www.tribtown.com/sections/art...pic=1&id=20453

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Focus: Taylor Wischmeier

By ARV KOONTZ (The Tribune)
    Anybody who has followed the Brownstown boys basketball program in recent years knows the Braves have been extremely successful, including two trips to the state finals.

Taylor Wischmeier started on the team that played for the Class 2A state title last year, and he said he is looking for a long tournament run beginning tonight.

He attributes Brownstown’s success to talent and coaching.

“We’ve had very good players and an excellent coach,” he said. “Last year, we got lucky at the right time and got some good breaks and came into it really well after the Orleans game when we played bad. We came back and really played well, and we’ve got to do the same this year.”

Wischmeier is a three-year varsity starter.

“Last year and the year before that, I played a little more on the perimeter, and I got a few more outside shots,” he said. “This year, I’m the main post guy, so most of my offense is coming on the inside.”

He said he feels confident with his shooting either facing the basket or with his back to the basket.

“I’m comfortable shooting 3s or a face-up jumper, and I’m comfortable with my back to the basket with my post moves,” Wischmeier said. “It’s a lot nicer playing against man-to-man, playing straight up one-on-one.”
    Opponents have played all types of defenses against the Braves.

“Teams have been focusing on me inside with Spencer (Allman) out,” he said. “They were sending two and three guys at me, but we’ve got other good (scorers). Cody (Allman) has had several good layups, Michael (Leitzman) has hit some shots and with Spencer back we’re in good shape.”

Wischmeier said he prefers to play man defense in the half-court, and he said he likes playing back on the press.

“I like to be able to protect the basket,” he said. “It lets our guards play a little more aggressive knowing that I’m back there, that I can block some shots.”

He says the Braves can’t afford to look ahead.

“We’ve got to be focused every game,” Wischmeier said. “We’ve got to come out ready to play because we’re going to get everybody’s best game. We’ve got to come out and play the way we are capable of playing.”

Wischmeier said he enjoys playing with the other seniors.

“We’ve been playing together since third grade,” he said. “We know what each other does well on the court. We know where people want the ball at, where they’re going to score. We’ve got great teamwork. Everything just clicks.”

Taylor Wischmeier file

Parents: Brian and Julie Wischmeier
    Sibling: Amanda
    Sports: Basketball 4 years
    Home games: “It’s a great atmosphere, great fans, and we’ve had great support. We couldn’t ask for anything better.”
    Favorite away gym: “My favorite gym is probably Southridge where we play the regional. During the regular season, Seymour was just a great game, a great atmosphere, and I love playing there.”
    Being a student at BCHS: “I love it. I couldn’t ask for anything better.”
    Organizations: Booster Club, Sportsman’s Club, Lettermen’s Club
    Message to elementary students: “Sports are one of the best things you can do. It builds character, great teamwork. Everything is great about sports. You need to go out for all sports that you can.”
    Future plans: Attend college and play basketball

Last edited by BankShot; 03-18-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks
    I just spoke with Brownstown A.D. Mark DeHart while contracting for a few IHSAA Baseball games this Spring. He says that Wischmeier is being recruited by U. of Indianapolis and USI (Evansville) pretty consistently, with South Carolina Upstate also showing interest.

Hoosier Hills Basketball reported that Eight players from Southern Indiana were named to the Hoosier Basketball Magazine top 100 senior boys listing for the Class of 2010. Wischmeier was one of them.
    Last edited by BankShot; 03-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Legend
    Thanks
    He is a D2 level player and I think he's going to USI.

Thanks

Register to remove this advertisement