'22 IL PF Robbie Avila (Transferred to $aint Loui$)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

It was a pretty funny segment. Pat has a huge following and offering the whole team NIL is pretty cool. Winning the NIT aside, what would be great is if Pat offered Robbie the $150k in NIL to stay @ Indiana State (and not leave the state of Indiana where Pat is based) and be a feature on their show throughout next season.

One of the best parts is how many times Pat refers to Indiana State as "we". :cool:

I get we don't have the deep pockets like SLU, but we have some really good marketing opportunities.

Good job Robbie!
Didn’t watch it, but you’re saying he offered 150k NIL to stay at ISU? WOW!!

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
So let's be real here guys. If Robbie was at any other university outside of Indiana he would not have these opportunities that are presented to him at the moment. I mean sure he might get more NIL money but there are greater rewards coming from the additional media that enhances his brand here in Indiana.
In addition if he was at SLU - that university would not get the publicity from the outlets that are available in Indiana. I'm not sure if this is fate or if someone is working in the background to make these things happen but whatever it is it's working out very well for Indiana State and the players right now.

So let's be real here guys. If Robbie was at any other university outside of Indiana he would not have these opportunities that are presented to him at the moment. I mean sure he might get more NIL money but there are greater rewards coming from the additional media that enhances his brand here in Indiana.
In addition if he was at SLU - that university would not get the publicity from the outlets that are available in Indiana. I'm not sure if this is fate or if someone is working in the background to make these things happen but whatever it is it's working out very well for Indiana State and the players right now.
The media attention Indiana State gets from the Larry Bird connection is real. In this case, McAfee being located in Indiana helps.

Robbie also has the opportunity to be an all-time great as a Sycamore. His statistics put him on track to have his jersey retired (would need at least one NCCAT appearance IMO). He truly could have one hell of a legacy here.

He didn't offer Robbie 150,000. He will give each of the 15 players 10,000 dollars each for their NIL. Pretty cool actually.

Dude has 994 career points.

Is SIX points away from hitting 1,000!

Quick reminder for all the newbies on this site...he's only a sophomore.

he is on track to get his jersey hung up in the Hulman Center.

Can someone help me understand what this means? Looks nice though.
CHISOX Athletes is CWS’s NIL (Name, Image, Likeness) program, created to empower local student-athletes, their voices and careers across sports and beyond. It is the same thing when Robbie promotes York Chevrolet dealership and the eyewear brand he signed.

Back