'11 IN SG Austin Etherington (Indiana Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Austin Etherington is a 6'5 wing who has a nice stroke and can jump. I jinxed him, this was the third time I've seen him and he didn't do much each time. Considering he is considering offers from Xavier and Indiana and has been told by Steve Alford that he is New Mexico's top priority in the class I'm assuming he usually plays a lot better. You can't be too cautious about assuming a kid who doesn't do much in an AAU game doesn't have it. The games are short and they often have so many good teammates. On the rumor-mongering front I hear from someone in the know that he really likes Indiana and Xavier right now but is a little freaked out by the pressure Crean is puting on him to commit right now and he thinks he will wind up with an offer from his dad's old friend Thad Matta eventually and has been told Purdue will offer him if they don't get a certain prospect at his position they are in good shape with. Hmmm... one to watch at any rate...

http://hoopsmongrel.blogspot.com/2009/07/day-2-standouts-at-kentucky-hoopfest.html

IU and OSU are notorious (although I'm sure every school does it to some degree) for their first-come first serve scholarship offer practice. I could see why some could be put-off by that.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
from reading up on the kid this is what i got. Highly recruited out of high school. Had some injuries at IU that set him back. Was a major recruiter for landing Zeller and Yogi. Was playing in a system that didn't fit his style under Crean. Brings a lot to the table as far as leadership, hard-work, personality, etc.

It seems like IU fans had nothing but good things to say about the young man. Although he won't be missed from a statistical standpoint, It appears that he is a guy you want representing your university.

That all seems good to hear. If he comes to State it seems that we might have depth at the 3 with different sizes and skills to help out at the 2 and the 4 while keeping talent at the 3. Seems like we should be able to play with several different lineups so as to cause problems for opponents.

Back