'19 IN SF Cobie Barnes (Transferred to John Logan)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

This is why GL is gone. He could put together a starting 5, but no supporting cast. Two playing for Saint Mary of the Woods…
Again, this is just what I heard from someone (not a sports person) who dealt with both guys personally. Maybe neither of them end up there. Maybe both do. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I heard that he:
1. Already has his B.S.
2. Is going to play at SMWC this fall. Yes that's Saint Mary of the Woods College. Yes the formerly all girls school.
A good friend of mine did his class schedule for this fall at SMWC. Now mind you I have no clue how this stuff works. Maybe he is being a hoops playa and seeing what else is out there. Maybe someone can tell me how this works.
Also heard from the same person (after doing the class scheduling appointment for him and his mom) that Lincoln Hale is going there too....

I think this basic points have been overlooked in his travels:

Indiana State - NCAA program
Jo. A Logan College - NJCAA program
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville - NCAA program
Marian Univ. - NAIA program
St Mary Woods College - NAIA program

every association (NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA) has different rules for eligibility

Good Luck to Cobie in his amateur MBB career

Last edited:
I miss @Hooper coming around to tell us how highly ranked of a JC player he had become and that he was probably going to a P6... I literally would have quit the forum forever. For some of you it was your only hope - but now I'm here and I'm going to double down even harder in the future and call people on this bull shit.

I miss @Hooper coming around to tell us how highly ranked of a JC player he had become and that he was probably going to a P6... I literally would have quit the forum forever. For some of you it was your only hope - but now I'm here and I'm going to double down even harder in the future and call people on this bull shit.
I left out the fact that supposedly the new head SMWC coach told non athletics staff that he was "going to the NBA" after this year. Admittedly I wasn't in the room and no context with that statement. Maybe he was saying that Cobie was going to try to play pro ball of some sort after this year.

I think this basic points have been overlooked in his travels:

Indiana State - NCAA program
Jo. A Logan College - NJCAA program
Southern Illinois-Edwardsville - NCAA program
Marian Univ. - NAIA program
St Mary Woods College - NAIA program

every association (NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA) has different rules for eligibility

Good Luck to Cobie in his amateur MBB career
Now to be clear he hasn't played at Marion or SMWC and obviously won't play at both places this season. All I know is that he was listed on Marion's 23-24 roster as of last night, and that he is meeting with SMWC staff to schedule classes right now. But yes, there are different eligibility rules.

I left out the fact that supposedly the new head SMWC coach told non athletics staff that he was "going to the NBA" after this year. Admittedly I wasn't in the room and no context with that statement. Maybe he was saying that Cobie was going to try to play pro ball of some sort after this year.

Kobe Barnes is going to the NBA and I’m going to be named Commissioner of the NFL. Amazing world we live in.

Kobe Barnes is going to the NBA and I’m going to be named Commissioner of the NFL. Amazing world we live in.
Well my cousin's brother's pool cleaners ex-wife's boss told him and he told me that you were taking Debbie's job as ISU President, but you know I can't really confirmed it cause that dude only heard it from the second shift brass pole cleaner at the 6th Ave Dancer's summer cookout. :ROFLMAO:

It wasn’t me….it was a recruiting service that had him ranked pretty high. A few spots above him were guys going P6 out of their respective juco. It’s sweet of you to miss me though…..See you at Brickyard in 2 weeks?

It wasn’t me….it was a recruiting service that had him ranked pretty high. A few spots above him were guys going P6 out of their respective juco. It’s sweet of you to miss me though…..See you at Brickyard in 2 weeks?

Man I didn’t get an invite this year… I played Brickyard earlier this year and per usual it was mint! Have fun! Honestly, I’ve got enough golf on the calendar for the next month I don’t need any more outings but that’s typically a fun one.

Speaking of SMWC, when is ISU going to add them to the schedule? I know some of you on here just love playing those types of schools. Should be a cheap game. They might show up for a full tank of gas from the Country Mart next to their campus and some hot dogs off of the rollers.

Barnes has been The Man for the Pomeroys this season...

dropping 618 points on the season, he's now scored 1,273 points during his college career

I have been to one SMWC game and watched live broadcast of the recent two point win over Brescia.
Barnes is truly the MVP of the team, but there are several quality players, many of whom are seniors. While a bit undersized, they are quick and shoot the ball well. Defensively, they look solid.
The 6'9" freshman center who looked totally lost vs ISU in the exhibition game, has morphed into a rebounding machine at the NAIA level.

Indiana is blessed with some top NAIA Teams.

Grace, IN Wesleyan, Marian all ranked, SMWC and Huntington getting pretty strong votes for top 25.
Barnes top 10 in NAIA scoring, has been so good with this team. Tupuola top 3 in NAIA rebounding has really developed into a monster in the paint for them.
Pom's with an near perfect 20 minutes in the 2nd half last nite, went from scoring 30 in the first half to outscoring IUSE by 30 in the 2nd half. Won by 27.

I have been to one SMWC game and watched live broadcast of the recent two point win over Brescia.
Barnes is truly the MVP of the team, but there are several quality players, many of whom are seniors. While a bit undersized, they are quick and shoot the ball well. Defensively, they look solid.
The 6'9" freshman center who looked totally lost vs ISU in the exhibition game, has morphed into a rebounding machine at the NAIA level.

Indiana is blessed with some top NAIA Teams.

Your Ind State Sycamores were the ORIGINAL Top NAIA (NAIB) Team

Back