'23 VA SF Jaden Daughtry (11/16/2022)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

He showed flashes last year - it’s going to be interesting how much work he puts in this off-season. That could be really key for him if he gets a lot of work in this summer.

His shot and his ball handling from what I saw are the two areas he can continue to grow and develop. If he can establish himself as a shooter it would go a long way - given Graves desire to run a similar style offense!

But I loved his post today and happy he and Vorst decided to run it back.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Agreed..vorst continues to work on his outside shot and JD works on his defense and conditioning?? Those two would play off each other very well! Whatever off-season weight training Jkent did last yr JD should replicate..it's ur show if u can handle it man!

I think $¢hertz was here to build a resume, not a program. Leaving for a program like $LU just shows he was going to take the first lifeboat he could.
Everyone wishes that he would have stayed but it's probably hard to turn down that kind of money. He gave us a good run. I just wish it was for longer.

I'm curious to see what position JD plays going forward. He struck me as a big wing coming out of prep school, but his body type seems more like a small-ball 4. I suppose it's up to him based on what he plans to work on in the off season and Graves' plan for him going forward. Either way, he's going to be a focal point of the team.

I'm curious to see what position JD plays going forward. He struck me as a big wing coming out of prep school, but his body type seems more like a small-ball 4. I suppose it's up to him based on what he plans to work on in the off season and Graves' plan for him going forward. Either way, he's going to be a focal point of the team.

Agreed. I fully expected him to be a 3 but his body has him as a 4 right now. This year's version reminds me of a big Missouri State had several years back but I can't for the life of me remember his name. Was undersized for the 4 but was absolutely a bully around the rim.

Agreed. I fully expected him to be a 3 but his body has him as a 4 right now. This year's version reminds me of a big Missouri State had several years back but I can't for the life of me remember his name. Was undersized for the 4 but was absolutely a bully around the rim.
Alize Johnson?

I love the bully ball when paired with just a little finesse... Dude uses his body really well to get himself in position but then either gets in a hurry, doesn't have the skill-set to make many moves once in position or gets tunnel vision "I MUST SCORE THIS BALL" which isn't bad but being able to kick or dish a few times once in that spot can really keep the defense honest and open things up for the O.

Almost every single time he had the ball last year and made a move - it was to do one thing and do one thing only and that was score the basketball... I don't hate it - but I don't love it either in the system that we play(ed). You've got to be able to still see the floor and share the basketball.

He's got some work to do as far as I am concerned.

Nope, wasn't a big scorer like him. I think Alize was also a legit 6'8" wasn't he? I think this dude was like 6'5" or 6'6". This is going to rack my brain and I'm going to have to go look for him now.
I’m trying think of names. Alize was 6’8 or 6’9. Was it the guy with that had a name like Obadiah?

So, in one of the twitter pics of the basketball players at the first home baseball game, Daughtry had on a shirt that said "I Love My Girlfriend". Wonder if she is an ISU student and that played into him staying?

Back