NIL funding and college hoops

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

So under the Virginia law.. and they make the Football team employees, due to title 9 wouldnt they have to do this for all sports?

So under the Virginia law.. and they make the Football team employees, due to title 9 wouldnt they have to do this for all sports?
That's how the P5 do what they've wanted to do for years and license their sports brands out to 3rd party companies.

i.e., the University of Oregon leases the "Oregon Ducks" name, trademark, etc, out to XYZ Company, LLC, and the players are, for legal reasons, employees of XYZ company, not employees of the University of Oregon.

The money some of these kids are getting is just ridiculous. This year seems like a complete madhouse compared to years past. After seeing how this last month turned out I think there was a 0% chance of keeping more than 1 starter on our roster regardless of Schertz or how much money we raised for the NIL. NCAA needs to get some guard rails on this thing

The money some of these kids are getting is just ridiculous. This year seems like a complete madhouse compared to years past. After seeing how this last month turned out I think there was a 0% chance of keeping more than 1 starter on our roster regardless of Schertz or how much money we raised for the NIL. NCAA needs to get some guard rails on this thing
I'm not sure that's possible. They have been cut off at the knees by every court they've been hauled in front of. Don't know why this would be any different.

I'm still not sure how a voluntary association of schools, with voluntary players on athletic teams, is unable to make any rules for their voluntary members. But hey, it is what it is...

You can only get what you ask for. This is more about collectives not understanding business and shooting their loads overpaying. Capital is finite and people with their ear to the ground are hearing the pools are drying up and we still have 75% of the transfers with no new spot yet.

Quickly went from a players market to a buyers market and will only trend even further towards the school's favor. As I've said from the beginning, roster spots and money are finite, available bodies are not.

You can only get what you ask for. This is more about collectives not understanding business and shooting their loads overpaying. Capital is finite and people with their ear to the ground are hearing the pools are drying up and we still have 75% of the transfers with no new spot yet.

Quickly went from a players market to a buyers market and will only trend even further towards the school's favor. As I've said from the beginning, roster spots and money are finite, available bodies are not.
Graves and Co. slow moving this thing could turn out to be one of the genius roster moves of our time...

100%. I can only imagine what donor fatigue will look like in a few seasons and have to imagine majority of collectives will dry up unless those that are running them are being responsible now to reap the benefits tomorrow.

I have no problem passing on a guy like Joey Hart if his price tag was too high. I'd rather have 5 guys at the 20k mark that 1 guy at 100k.

Back