Sycamores New Beat Writer

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Totally agree with both sentiments. I sincerely wish him the best.
Saw him at Hinkle last Thursday and complimented him on his coverage of ISU Basketball. He is a very sincere, approachable young man. I liked Golden, but it was probably time for him to move on. Hunter was a breath of fresh air. His reporting was on point without a lot of rumor reporting or BS. The Tribune -Star is so much superior to the Indianapolis Star. I would consider paying the $19.99 monthly to get it on line, but if they let this talented writer go after only a year on the job or so, they must share the same problems other newspapers have these days. Such as declining readership, circulation, and advertising revenue, to name a few. Sad that they are unable to retain talent like Hunter. We can only hope he will actually be replaced at some point with someone of similar skills.

Weird situation. The general public NEEDS newspaper/journalism but there is almost no money to be made with how easy it is to get information these days. Catch 22 situation

While that is 100% true, newspapers never understood it isn't their content that has the value, it's their readership. So when you don't understand the issue from the jump, you just continue to bleed out.

Sorry to hear this. Thanks Hunter for your solid, fact-based coverage of the program. Best wishes in your future.

Is the Tribune Star even locally owned anymore? I've been led to believe that most small town papers are owned now by much larger companies that basically subsidize local papers like the TribStar. I used to enjoy reading it (and probably still would), but newspapers are kind of outdated like movie rental stores and will eventually completely fade away. Now if you want the news you can just get on Google and select whatever site you trust, or you can turn on the TV or even the radio. Those ways are all immediate too and you don't have to wait until the next morning or the morning after.

Is the Tribune Star even locally owned anymore? I've been led to believe that most small town papers are owned now by much larger companies that basically subsidize local papers like the TribStar. I used to enjoy reading it (and probably still would), but newspapers are kind of outdated like movie rental stores and will eventually completely fade away. Now if you want the news you can just get on Google and select whatever site you trust, or you can turn on the TV or even the radio. Those ways are all immediate too and you don't have to wait until the next morning or the morning after.

Anymore?!?! They haven't been locally owned since 1982 - aka 40+ years. Newspaper industry cut their own throats by not establishing paywalls 25 years ago.

1713721562780.png

Thank ya’ll for the support and to the naysayers/haters if you ain’t got ‘em you ain’t popping, Robert Saleh of the Jets once said. This job was easily a fairytale at its high moments and a roller coaster that made me yack at the lows. I’m now a Terre Haute homeowner and a family of three so I’ll look forward to meeting you all. I’ll be around.

Happy to hear you are in Terradise for a while. Hope you will be a regular at our home basketball & football games. It would be a pleasure and an honor to buy you a beer when I see you again!

Thank ya’ll for the support and to the naysayers/haters if you ain’t got ‘em you ain’t popping, Robert Saleh of the Jets once said. This job was easily a fairytale at its high moments and a roller coaster that made me yack at the lows. I’m now a Terre Haute homeowner and a family of three so I’ll look forward to meeting you all. I’ll be around.

Welcome back! Here, I fixed it for you:

Robert Saleh of the Jets once said, “This job was easily a fairytale at its high moments and a roller coaster that made me yack at the lows”.

Back