Todd Golden back as ISU Beat Writer for Tribune-Star

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Dude was gone for 2 years and we had the best run in ISU athletics since the late 70s.

He showed up TH 1 time I. That span and we lose to Illinois State knocking us out of the top 25 and ultimately out of the tourney.

I swear if golden screws up this baseball season I'm going to be pissed

I don't know. I hear Greg Doyle may be out at the Indy Star. I think he would fit in great in Terre Haute . I know he has a huge following in Sycamore nation.
You are kidding aren't you? Doyle is a moron who over hypes just about anything. His little prank he pulled with Kaitlyn Clark was sophomoric and inexcusable. I could write a better sports column than him and I did not graduate from ISU with a journalism degree. I was however often required to write extensively in order to obtain my major in Economics and minor in Political Science. I am certain that if I had turned anything in that remotely resembled Doyles writing style, one of my professors would have pulled me aside and directed me to the local Union Hall or Army recruiting center.

When I look at the smoldering ruins of the Indiana State basketball fanbase, my first thought is "you know what will fix this? Hiring Greg Doyle and Bob Huggins!" 🤮

You are kidding aren't you? Doyle is a moron who over hypes just about anything. His little prank he pulled with Kaitlyn Clark was sophomoric and inexcusable. I could write a better sports column than him and I did not graduate from ISU with a journalism degree. I was however often required to write extensively in order to obtain my major in Economics and minor in Political Science. I am certain that if I had turned anything in that remotely resembled Doyles writing style, one of my professors would have pulled me aside and directed me to the local Union Hall or Army recruiting center.
Yes, he is kidding.

I'm no fan of Doyel but I'm still pondering what's been overblown... he's interaction with the deity Clark OR everyone's reaction to HIS interaction.

Also not sure why your professors (or you) are taking shots at union members or the US Army; both of which have as many honorable, dishonorable members as do the fields of poli sci and econ.

I have never lost sleep over Golden, Tinkel or anyone else being the beat writer for the Trees - as long as the Trib-Star is the platform (and a wonky, ill-tempered web-based platform) I'll likely NOT read them.

The Star is no longer the product is was thru Pulliam's ownership but Gannett does a better job of HOSTING, providing the paper's content than does CNH Holdings, Inc. with the Trib-Star.

I'm no fan of Doyel but I'm still pondering what's been overblown... he's interaction with the deity Clark OR everyone's reaction to HIS interaction.

Also not sure why your professors (or you) are taking shots at union members or the US Army; both of which have as many honorable, dishonorable members as do the fields of poli sci and econ.

I have never lost sleep over Golden, Tinkel or anyone else being the beat writer for the Trees - as long as the Trib-Star is the platform (and a wonky, ill-tempered web-based platform) I'll likely NOT read them.

The Star is no longer the product is was thru Pulliam's ownership but Gannett does a better job of HOSTING, providing the paper's content than does CNH Holdings, Inc. with the Trib-Star.
Not a shot at Union Trade members or the Military. Both are honorable and should be sought out as a profession or career. My point was that not all of us are suited to go to college. It requires a certain amount of special intellect and in many cases writing skills. Doyle lacks both the skill and intellect. I hate the fact that I have lived long enough to see the death of journalism and the great American Newspaper.

Not a shot at Union Trade members or the Military. Both are honorable and should be sought out as a profession or career. My point was that not all of us are suited to go to college. It requires a certain amount of special intellect and in many cases writing skills. Doyle lacks both the skill and intellect. I hate the fact that I have lived long enough to see the death of journalism and the great American Newspaper.

all good points -- i don't put the death of journalism on writers like doyel, as that skilled segment has existed for centuries. rather the industry killed itself by not pivoting quickly to a paywall system to keep the revenue stream flowing. Add to the continuing consolidation of papers under conglomerate umbrellas that don't represent local interests and readers will scatter

Doyel sucks and it was a weird press conference. Pretty uncomfortable to watch. I actually thought his question to the coach where he said "you were just given thaaat. What do you plan to do with iiiitttt?" Was creepier.

Doyel sucks and it was a weird press conference. Pretty uncomfortable to watch. I actually thought his question to the coach where he said "you were just given thaaat. What do you plan to do with iiiitttt?" Was creepier.

True but I also didn't his mea culpa legitimate, especially when he said he'd been "counseled that he couldn't talk to Clark the same way he spoke to young men, because you can't speak to young ladies in that manner..." i.e. clark (and all young ladies) have to be treated different than young men...

bullsh*t -- how about treating EVERYONE the same way, regardless of their gender?

Back