Don't look now but RPI is at regional host levels...

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Funny to look back last year and see that we had 5 total posts about Sycamore baseball on April 26th 2023. The program has come a long way in a year

Disagree… The “program” has always been in good shape. The fan base, school and community pride has come a long way!

Looking back on things since we are talking about it now - Administration actually might have done this community a favor because he woke some people the fuck up. People started speaking up and speaking out for the first time - they got passionate about Indiana State. That was needed.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Then what was the reason?

Dennis Darke > Sherarrd Clinkscales > Deb Curtis

Nothing else matters and here in about 30-60 days all three will officially be gone.

We could list a countless # of excuses that were given… It would be a waste of time at this point. But what it wasn’t was Terre Haute not wanting or not stepping up. That I know for a fact.

Disagree… The “program” has always been in good shape. The fan base, school and community pride has come a long way!

Looking back on things since we are talking about it now - Administration actually might have done this community a favor because he woke some people the fuck up. People started speaking up and speaking out for the first time - they got passionate about Indiana State. That was needed.
you're right, bad wording on my part. Baseball has been the most consistent/decorated "team" sport at ISU.

I know people won't agree with this angle but I've always thought that Curtis has unintentionally united the sycamore fanbase and has rallied them. Nothing brings people together like having a common enemy, and Curtis wore the crown masterfully. I'm giving her 0 credit for anything but there is a part of me that wonders just how much of her ineptness and just blatant sabotage led to igniting the fanbase. Coupled that with historic seasons by both baseball and basketball and it sort of exploded in a positive direction. Makes you think

I am not an ISU fan, but a college baseball fan. I am a Kentucky alum living in Indianapolis. When I heard that ISU wasn't hosting for some lame reason, I thought that the administration was screwing over the team that had earned the right through hard work to host and the ISU fans. I might have even driven over to catch a game, but they were at TCU. I see that D1Baseball projects you as a host again, and I hope that you can have a Terre Haute regional this year.

you're right, bad wording on my part. Baseball has been the most consistent/decorated "team" sport at ISU.

Also incorrect not to continue to contradict you….

That honor would be the Men’s Track and Field teams. It’s not even close really. But moving on.

I am not an ISU fan, but a college baseball fan. I am a Kentucky alum living in Indianapolis. When I heard that ISU wasn't hosting for some lame reason, I thought that the administration was screwing over the team that had earned the right through hard work to host and the ISU fans. I might have even driven over to catch a game, but they were at TCU. I see that D1Baseball projects you as a host again, and I hope that you can have a Terre Haute regional this year.

This thread has discussion, too:

This thread has discussion, too:

I went through this and apparently some people were justifiably upset and others were "oh well". I don't know if you saw my earlier entry where I compared ISU's situation last season to Kentucky's where they had multiple conflicting events but were able to host the regional despite that. I just hope that if you continue to have a good season, you get to host a regional. It looks like Kentucky, as it stands now will get to host a regional and a super regional if they win the regional. The D1Baseball projection have you going to the Greenville NC super regional, but of course this is all speculation. It would be nice if you went to the Lexington super regional, so your fans could travel to a closer site. Good luck!

I went through this and apparently some people were justifiably upset and others were "oh well". I don't know if you saw my earlier entry where I compared ISU's situation last season to Kentucky's where they had multiple conflicting events but were able to host the regional despite that. I just hope that if you continue to have a good season, you get to host a regional. It looks like Kentucky, as it stands now will get to host a regional and a super regional if they win the regional. The D1Baseball projection have you going to the Greenville NC super regional, but of course this is all speculation. It would be nice if you went to the Lexington super regional, so your fans could travel to a closer site. Good luck!

This situation had nothing to do with scheduling conflicts. This had to do with our President failing the baseball team, the athletics department and the community.

There is a reason she "retired" shortly thereafter.

This situation had nothing to do with scheduling conflicts. This had to do with our President failing the baseball team, the athletics department and the community.

There is a reason she "retired" shortly thereafter.
Well, good. So then you are confident that if you are selected to host a regional, you will indeed host this year?

To be clear - ISU DID host the Four team Regional! It was a huge deal (in addition to hosing the MVC Championships the weekend before).
We turned down the SUPER Regional vs TCU.

Still one of the dumbest, most Indiana State things to do last year. Just a mind boggling decision that will always be attached to the program

To be clear - ISU DID host the Four team Regional! It was a huge deal (in addition to hosing the MVC Championships the weekend before).
We turned down the SUPER Regional vs TCU.
I am sorry, I misunderstood, but still you EARNED the super, too and were robbed of it by your administration. I don't have to tell you this, but it is possible, had you been playing at home that you would have won the super and gone to Omaha. Well, best of luck this year. Some of my wife's family went to ISU, so I will be pulling for them.

I am sorry, I misunderstood, but still you EARNED the super, too and were robbed of it by your administration. I don't have to tell you this, but it is possible, had you been playing at home that you would have won the super and gone to Omaha. Well, best of luck this year. Some of my wife's family went to ISU, so I will be pulling for them.
Yeah.... we are fully aware.

Post season scenarios as it stands via Boyds World

Indiana State

Remaining: 6 home, 5 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 10
ROWP: 0.500

Top 45:

0 home wins, 2 road wins
1 home wins, 1 road wins
2 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 32:

0 home wins, 4 road wins
1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

3 home wins, 5 road wins
4 home wins, 4 road wins
5 home wins, 3 road wins
6 home wins, 1 road wins

Top 8:

No way to reach the threshold.

Latest D1 Field of 64 Projection is out. They have ISU as the #11 national seed hosting Vandy, Georgia Tech, and Little Rock

Baseball America also released their projection with ISU as the #13 national seed hosting Vandy, Louisville, and Bowling Green.

On live stream, sounded like all 3 of them were firm that the 11th spot belongs to the Sycamores, good sign after the midweek run-ruled beatdown 😅

IMG_0237.jpeg

Back