Immediate eligibility for transfers now permanent

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Yeah unfortunately after the court decision (in what...December iirc?) this was always going to be the inevitable outcome.

At this point it's going to either take an act of Congress or making players employees with revenue sharing and collective bargaining to fix whats going on with the portal. Even limiting NIL or bringing it in house wouldn't fix much I doubt, and it's not legal for the NCAA to limit NIL anyway.

The only way I could see it MAYBE being fixed (although I don't see the NCAA going this route and I don't see the courts letting it hold up) is to allow no transfers, or only one transfer and then no more...absolutely no waivers. But even then, I don't see the courts letting that hold up.

Not that I want this to happen, but couldn't someone transfer between fall and spring semesters?
And file a lawsuit like all the players are doing? I’ll do my best to put up with all this Shit, but I’m close to throwing up The White Flag. It’s not enjoyable with who is paying the most. Almost makes me hate the players that are as greedy as The Supposedly Institutions Of Higher Education. I believe I’ve had enough!

Not that I want this to happen, but couldn't someone transfer between fall and spring semesters?

Sure, but I was assuming he was talking about transferring and then immediately playing. To my comment, most colleges end their first semester the week before Christmas. Then profs usually had a week to get grades in and then you are smack dab into Holiday season so lots of people out on vacay -- I'd imagine schools would make this a popular time for compliance people to be unavailable. So all that shit has to be sent to the NCAA for them to process and certify the person is eligible and then release it to their school and then their incoming school has processing time, etc. I'd have to think there would likely lose a month of the season doing this and likely longer because they wouldn't be practicing with their new team, so on and so forth. Just so many reasons why I can never see that happening.

But even then, NLIs are one year scholarship agreements so unless they change those, they could leave but they would be hanging out until the end of the school year. I couldn't possibly see the NCAA and all member organizations agreeing to that.

All it will take is one fruitcake judge, and my prediction is that in the near future transferring between December and January will become somewhat of a thing.

Back