'23 KS SG Eli Shetlar (Transferred to Drake)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

Shetlar was going to have to work on his body if he was going to be a significant contributor next season. Seemed like a good kid, the random Shetlar shirt was kind of weird and probably was a sign that he or his family wasn't happy with how the top 6 were being treated compared to the rest of the team - which in my opinion is a redflag. I'm a "get better or get used to it" kind of guy.

Shetlar was going to have to work on his body if he was going to be a significant contributor next season. Seemed like a good kid, the random Shetlar shirt was kind of weird and probably was a sign that he or his family wasn't happy with how the top 6 were being treated compared to the rest of the team - which in my opinion is a redflag. I'm a "get better or get used to it" kind of guy.
The shirt was definitely odd since no one else got one.

It was rumored that his family did not appreciate Schertz burning a year of his eligibility.

I do agree he'll need to bulk up some and also work on his lateral quickness. If McCollum is going to keep the same system, it will be Eli's defense that needs the most improvement. We know he has a pretty shot, but Drake is going to be a defense first squad so to get burn there, his coaches will need to trust he can stop the guy in front of him.

It was rumored that his family did not appreciate Schertz burning a year of his eligibility.
Don't blame Schertz for not redshirting him. Absolutely no point in doing that in today's college landscape. Unfortunately for Shetlar he was designed for CBB in 2014 not 2024. Come in and redshirt, play spot minutes Freshman year, role player Sophomore, then key contributor junior and Senior seasons and leave with a degree and a nice career. That isnt happening in today's landscape

Not sure why any of these schools would be more attractive to him than ISU. Really hope he remains a Sycamore. Oral Roberts is in the Horizon League for gods sake. IU INDY can not draw over 300 fans to the State Fair Coliseum, and I'll bet attendance at other schools is only slightly better. Drake might be attractive since the entire team left when Devries went to West Virginia, but I still don't get it. I asked in an earlier thread when the portal closes on May 1st, when is the time up for these players like Shelter to declare where they are going? Isn't early practice starting around the end of June??

Holy Cross & Bill and Mary are better ACADEMIC schools than ISU but the rest? A push at best and lesser bball b/c of the conferences.

It's entirely possible that nobody thought to update their banners. If you told me that IUPUI has posters in their lobby advertising the 2021-2022 schedule, I'd believe you.

I'm sorry - did you say IUPUI poster for 2011-2012?!?

ORU has never been in the Horizon, they WERE in the Midwestern Collegiate Conference, nee' Midwestern City Conf but that was in the late 20th century... (aka 1987) :D

Back